Counselor- Zakher Private School : Zakher Private School is an elementary and junior school from Kindergarten to Grade 6 has job openings for Counselor vacancies. Interested and Eligible candidates can apply now. More details of recruitment is as follows.
Counselor- Zakher Private School
Education Qualification: The candidate must complete graduation.
Experience Details: 4 years to 9 years
Nationality: Any GCC National
Job Location: Al Ain – United Arab Emirates
Company Industry : Education / Training / Teaching / Academics
Department/Functional Area : Teaching / Education
- Operates within the established school procedures and policies.
- Conducts orientation activities for new students.
- Assesses the individual needs of students/family in areas of family capacity, emotional stability, school functioning, peer relations and community profile.
- Assists in the development and implementation of experiential activities geared toward improving school climate communication and community capacity building (i.e. Student leadership retreats, diversity issue workshops and activities that foster pride and increase cohesion on campus)
- Conducts counseling sessions in response to identified needs of individuals and groups of students through individual counseling, crisis intervention and the formation and facilitation of groups
- Counsels on various student issues: poor performance, advocacy, mediation of teacher-student differences, personal problems and concerns (i.e. Family issues, abuse, depression, substance abuse, relationships, peer group issues)
- Responds to crisis situations to include altercations, illness/death, suspected child abuse and mandatory reporting of same; responds to situations in a timely manner.
- Works with developmental groups to create a safe environment for peer groups
- Consults with and serves as a resource for teachers, staff, and parents regarding the developmental needs of students.
- Conducts and facilitates conferences and in-service programs.
- In conflict and disciplinary situations, functions as a mediator and/or advocate for the child/youth and their families.
- Refers students and parents to relevant agencies, programs, or specialists as appropriate.
- Consults and coordinates with community social service agencies; fosters links between community college admissions; works with school staff to determine appropriate student placement, e.g. special programs, and occupational opportunities.
- Conducts or provides opportunities for parent education programs.
- Facilitates students’ transition to and connection with a new school or work placement
- Uses interviews, counseling sessions, interest and aptitude assessment tests, and other methods to evaluate and advise students.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Maintains records to document interactions, interventions, and decisions
- Maintains various records based on ethical and legal guidelines; assists students with course selections that are appropriate for graduation requirements and career plans.
- Provides support for other school programs and personnel; attends meetings, conferences and in-service trainings to keep abreast of best practices and professional trends.
- Is available to consult with parents and teachers concerning the welfare of any student.
- Contributes to information and knowledge sharing among peers.
- Promotes professional growth through reading, attending conferences and workshops in order to provide professional leadership of the highest type.
Apply Now: Click Here