Profile: Strategic Planning Manager
Location: Dubai, UAE
Job description / Role
At Careem, our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and becomes a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENATP region’s leading ride-hailing service and newest tech unicorn. We now operate in 90+ cities across 15 countries and host over 24 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by end of 2018.
Join us in building a world-class institution in the MENATP region and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people’s lives.
Define strategy and capital allocation for each market and provide decision support for entering new markets and businesses, by performing the following responsibilities:
– Create models and metrics to guide the markets, cities, and basecamp to achieve our goals
– Work closely with the management teams in basecamp and mountain peaks for planning, setting targets & budgets, and influencing performance
– Contribute to the continuous improvement of planning and budgeting processes and deliverables
– Monitor performance, highlight trends and analyze drivers of variances; prepare monthly management reports; create scorecards, measurement tools, and KPIs
– Create a competitive intelligence process based on external and internal sources to monitor, analyze and distribute industry and competitor financial information to executive leadership.
– Prepare/support ad-hoc reports and analyses
– Special projects
– You will also be responsible for designing and driving a comprehensive investor relations strategy for Careem, and undertake all responsibilities and tasks towards its execution, including but not limited to the following: Collaborate with the executive leadership team and present a clear and consistent message to the board, shareholders and analysts.
– Articulate financial and operational performance and business strategy for monthly, quarterly and annual business reviews with the board and shareholders.
– Create fundraising deliverables including but not limited to long-term forecasts, valuation models and investment memos, and handle investor queries
– Develop strong relationships and coordinate with investors, banks and internal / external counsels during various stages of fundraising transactions.
– Develop platforms to enable interactions with the broader investment community, such as roadshows and analyst days, to support strategic messaging in partnership with corporate communications.
– This role will report to the Strategic Planning Director and work closely with the CFDO and VP – Strategic Finance.
– MBA and/or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, with a concentration in finance is required.
– 8+ years of experience in total, including 4+ years in investor relations, investment banking or late-stage venture capital. Exposure to consumer tech is preferable
– Experience with budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling
– Expert in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Outstanding communication and presentation skills, ability to translate and effectively communicate analytical data to non-technical professionals
– High business acumen, ability to understand the business
– Ability to engage with all levels of the organization and collaborate cross-functionally
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people’s lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region’s leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.